Friday, February 24, 2006

Poet's Corner Challenge

Ok for all you lovely poets...such as myself of course...but not any actually talented ones (Amy forrest, Rachel Janzen, Leah Heide... because you have that deep soul...are all officially banned from entering), anyways...the rest of you will just have to suppress your deepness whilst I invite you to a contest. A poem writting contest...check in to see if you have won! There will be an actual prize...i will mail an item...not to be mentioned this early in the competition...to your personal residence the contest organizers expense (mine...). Plus on top of that, there is the sheer exposure of being published (or in this case rewritten on the post) of my blog...Please enter your poems as 'comments' only under the titled 'Poet's Corner Challenge' post please. Ok ...so mine is a little lame but...it gives you a very distant idea of what we're going for....HAVE FUN!

Smelly Sweaty Gym Socks
How I desire them back
And want to again reign supreme
From such a sport, hope i never lack
Time for, nor energy
I'd give my left socket from my knee
Well maybeeeeeeee
not. (but i really loved bethany soccer...) Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger officehourthoughts said...

Oh Betty,
Let's not be so petty
Put me on your favorites so we can be conected
and then I wouldn't be so offended
Send me first prize
even if it is just some fries

2:51 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Peoples attitudes at school
are really quite dumb
Through good and bad
everyone thinks it's about them
I myself have taken part in this
Thinking the world spins around the fact that I exist
This, however, is not how it is
God's shown me how I can love like He does
So thanks to Bethany for the things I've been taught
I like this school and it's morals...that's hot!

There you go Betty....that's lame..I love it!
Rebecca Lawyer

5:59 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Betty... This poem is entitled, "Spit, hogs and a bath"

Oh, how I hate it,
When you put pictures (of me)on your blog,
That make me want to spit.

Yes, spit. Spit with anger,
Perhaps like a hog,
You are in danger.

Of my wrath,
I might beat you with a log,
After I go for a bath.

Erica E. Scammell
March 2, 2006
9:08pm

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, let me have a go at this
poem writing contest
It seems quite interesting
I do say my dear
To have a poem about nothingness
But everything else
Which brings us together
From the great school in nowhere
Surrounded by glory
Of our Saviour and Lord
To the friends and the stories
Of what a dorm life may be
Connected together
In a circle of "life"
Or shall I say "bubble"
To finish it off
Which makes us all wonder
Of when we shall return
To the great and glorious
Prairie land life
Of the one and only
Our favourite place
The Bethany Bubble

9:24 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

So this was a poem written by myself, and a few others (I forget who), in major prophets class. We had to write a peom about something we would miss if an eneamy took over the land and destoyed it (thanks Talbot). I know you will appreciate it!

A Lament to Starbucks

Woe, how I groan and shake
With out my Starbucks coffee I begin to quake!
The warm liquid that fills my mug,
now that it’s gone I feel like a lug
Now I shall weep and have gnashing of teeth

I am in torment within
The enamy has torn down the gates
and stolen my buzz!
Woe is me, no more coffee,
no more chai, no more tea!

Oh Starbucks, gone forever you are!
Though I look both near and far,
there is no beautiful coffe bar!
My thirst will never be quenched,
by the lovely sweetness of the frapachino!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home