Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Birth of the Gong

what a gong of a day...lets just say it now...what a gong.
ok...so i have another job...at a gym...and i kinda screwed myself with taking this job...in that i will never again sleep in..kinda ever...so mon-friday i start at 8...not bad hey? but when you factor in the bus system...I have to leave my house by 7 to hit up the 715 bus which means an automatic six something wake up...everyday....mon to wed, friday and saturday i work at the bucks (starbucks) from 2 till 1030...factor in busage and i'm home by 1130 12...get up 6 hours later...can i do this? I guess I'm just gonna give it a go...: ) I don't know if its unhealthy that i want to push myself or if I'm strange that I like it when I'm busy (don't get me wrong i want to sleep in everyday...but its just not as fulfilling as the up and out at 7 thing...I never thought I'd think it...) I know my dad was a workaholic...this concerns me...haha at bethany that was never my problem..however i was never paid by the paper...and this paycheck increasing by the ammount I can multitask is dang motivating...So yeah..i'm tired....and now its late and i should go to bed...oh plus band practice was tonight so I'm wide awake....dang...

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilene said...

Hey Betty,

I'm stumbled here through a series of links and was surprised to see that you are in Calgary! I too am in Calgary. Anywhoo, thought I'd say a quick hi! This is Lisa your half a year RD by the way

10:45 PM  
Blogger Heather Peters said...

Welcome to the real/working world, honey!! I've been getting up between 6:00 and 6:30 to catch the bus to go to work for almost 3 years now. Plus, I got up about that time during my Bethany days. Hence the reason I always nagged at you to keep it down at night. I think that working on the weekends would make it things more difficult. You have no idea how much I treasure and look forward to the occasional Saturday when I can sleep in. But just think of where you're working. All that caffeine is bound to keep you going. Love ya and miss ya, my dear Bets!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger betty said...

heather is right everyone...i'm a weinie!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home