Friday, March 03, 2006

OKAY ALREADY!

ok...meet erica ray...also known as 'the other erica'. So I'm bloggin this pictures to describe the sheer joy of the moment today...let me tell you! Ok...so I chickened out of quitting the spa/club job...had to work and couldn't do it over the phone...but i knew i had too...a little back ground...GREAT people, i could work there forever but the problem lies in how long it takes to get there and the lack (and i mean LACK) of moulah that goes along with it...Plus its hard to do a morning job right after a closing shift at the bucks...how to deal? so i decided to quit...but then called in that I could not go...because I was chicken...so I"M QUITTING MONDAY..i write this like this so that i will do it and not chicken out again! I just hate quitting things...i figure I'm just being too demanding or that I can make it work...i always feel guilt for it...which makes me think that i really need to think about this...why feel guilty? anywho...so today, at starbucks (THE JOB IM NOT QUITTING, just to clarify) I choose to have a good attitude..dang i prayed all morning to get over my failure (did i mention i hate quitting?) and just gave it up and let it go...i had to or i was gonna be a crappy supervisor that night...so i had a great shift...laughed with customers, gave free stuff away and WHAM I started talking to a guy...and he talks about my attitude...and if that isn't enough, gives me his buisness card (business systems analysis) and tells me I should call him, we are gonna go out for coffee...and although he can't promise anything, he might have some work for me! Buisness like work...pays more than 8.70 work....that my dear friends, very well could pump me up...however, i really need to remember why i quit the last one...BUSY-NESS DOES NOT EQUATE GODLINESS but however neither does not doing anything...any thoughts anyone??? I'd love to hear what you all think...and I'll update you all as to the quitting process (ps...drew, muffin, or anyone else who knows my bosses or has any affiliation...please keep this information to yourself! thanks!) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Oh Bettina,
Your daily events are so much more exciting than mine...thanks for sharing your random musings. I hope the quitting goes well. As someone who's quit many a jobs, it gets easier the more you do it! (although I wouldn't recommend making a habit of it). Love you muchly.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Betty,
Well, I just really wanted to say hi, and let you know that I work at a 'bucks' as you like to call it ... except that mine is a Safeway one, so I have all that union stuff, which really isn't all that bad, but yeah. I hope that your quitting goes well at your other job and that you can get this business job that you found out about.
-Erin

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home