Friday, November 03, 2006

What to do, what to do...

ok...so what does one do when one didn't quite time the laundry right...and you need to leave the house for a social gathering....not just errands...real live social interaction...and in calgary where people look good...all the dang time...and the only thing you have, that you could possibly wear...(and you've tested a skirt...on the porch and know you'll die...keel over and die) is sweatpants...and a tank top...with a jacket....did i mention i couldnt' find my deodorant? Yeah...that provokes a certain type of 'joy in suffering' don't you think? Haha but on that note, joy in suffering i mean, i have a question. What do you say to a person, who is honest, and tells you they don't like God right now. When you ask why, not to convince them of their 'wrong thinking' but just out of plain ole curiosity, they tell you because. Because. Because they don't know if they want to live for Him, 'Why should i sing for Him?' The concern stems out of this persons realization of their own selfishness...they know they are selfish...and don't see why they have to change that...or chance a life of servitude..."He's selfish, why does He want us to think of Him all the time?" I do not know. I like this person...a lot. I don't quite know what to say to them...don't i feel the same way at times? However, i do know that I love God, in a weird desperate way that i would not want to gamble...Like a kid, i truly want Dad to like me...really like me (love me too, but i want Him to LIKE who i am, and how i am...) and the best part about that is that i know he does...I go so far as to think He might just hide the deodorant on me...its funny...i'd do it to Him if i could... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home