Sunday, March 26, 2006

saint bridget's well

ok...so its been a while...now time to update you all on the band...st bridgets well...it doesn't feel right to call it my band so its THE band...: ) so some popularly asked questions...
1. what's the name mean? (matt likes to answer this one, so feel free to ask him...over and over and over...please...) well...just that, there was this lady in Ireland...granted we don't spell her name the way the traditional irish do (briget...briGET) and she was revered for her compassion. they sainted her after her death...and built a well in her honor...for those without one. anyways...being as bridget (briget) is a part of irish folk lore...there are also a million different versions of who she was, what she did and why she was sainted...some funny some odd...but that's the one we are sticking to...btw we chose that name because a friend of mine (thank you sarah bungay) thought it sounded cool...and yes. it does.
2. so where do you guys play?....well being as we used to do only covers (worship songs and whatnot) we are in a season of writing...some hotness might I add...and are excited about the future possibilites. We are however, having our first show in April at Dalhousie church in the north of Calgary...so we would love to see all of you there. There will also be the Bethany Players out, so come on down, because they are always a good show. We'll be doing some of our own songs...and some covers to fill out the time...and we are pump-ED. so now some pictures of teh band...: )
Meet Matt...married to the lovely Lisa, her picture is with me and the monkey...check old entries...feb. i think. matt plays guitar, sings, writes...one man show really...did i mention sings well?...


so here's me...bettina...in the back of a cab in peru...actually in the trunk because there really never was enough room...i loved it! I wasn't really ready for the picture but my skin looks flawless so i need to save this for future generations to appreciate...(right now i have a zit on the end of my nose...actually...)

















found one of matt and lisa...in peru, first time I went was with the third year bethany class...good times...aren't they an attractive couple! Feel free to pray for them as they are gone for the next two weeks into Mexico with matt's youth group building houses, bonding with youth and the volunteers...














ok...so this doesn't really fit into pictures of the band...however i have a horribly funny and terrible story to tell...you really do need to hear it...so this is THE bathroom...outhouse really, that i was traumatized in for life....let me explain. So...the entire time we were in Peru, first time I'd been there, I was so proud of myself that none of the bugs really bothered me...until...this ...ugh...event happened. So...i went with a certain girl to the bathroom in this really wonderful village we were visiting...because it was dark and we needed someone to hold a flashlight over the stall so we could see where to situation ourselves...and she went to the bathroom first....and I FAITHFULLY held the flashlight over the stall...then when it was my turn....i entered the stall and all of a sudden...of course once i was in no position to run...the light leaves the stall...and first i was fine...ok...erica...help me out here...then i was not fine..surprisingly once the light was on...this is because of a little fact that erica and I were not aware of ....cockroaches do not like light....so when it was dark...they all...and i swear i mean ALL came out to visit...but once the light came on...they froze still. Erica...did not believe me...so thought it was funny to amuse herself and the passing villagers with my screams...(i really was being a little bit of a sissy in honesty) and would turn the light on and off....then when i was done...i showed her...and she apologized...and laughed a bit...we both did then...; ) but it gets worse...so then, we head back to the church meeting our team was holding...and its just about time for me to give my testimony....and mid testimony, "and I just found that my life was not going goi..go AGHGHHGHG (i started screaming...in church...at the top of my lungs because a flying beetle (which of course i confused for what i assumed was a flying cockroach) swooped and then kept swooping at my head...yeah...probably 100 peruvians laughing uncontrolably at the retarded foreigner...screaming because of a beetle...oh my word.) now for a picture of jon! (back to the band)




So here's jono...guitarist...sings..
writes....all around gooder....and as matt and i have discussed...all we need to sell cd's is jon's face on the cover...yes...












sell those cd's baby...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lilene said...

Betty, email me at lilene1122@hotmail.com and let me know the specifics. do you have any posters or anything cuz I may be able to rustle up an audience at the school i work at. Anyway would love to hear you sing again so let me know the details

7:11 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

OK; get the facts right!!!!! The reason why I had to move the light from the stall was because this man needed the light to see where the keyhole in his door was - I kept yelling back at you that I couldn't give you the light because he needed it, but you are such a psycho and were losing your mind. He probably thought I was po'd with him... totally not the case; I was trying to calm my psycho-peeing friend in el bano! You and your lack of accurate facts. Geh. (Secretly I understand cuz roaches are sick ace creatures!)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home